It’s that time again! Days are getting shorter, the weather is getting cooler, and students are going back to school. What better way to return to the classroom than with a personalized classroom, locker, or backpack? The ideas are limitless when it comes to using your Cricut® or Silhouette craft cutter! Check out all of these awesome back to school vinyl projects for some serious inspiration using both HTV and adhesive vinyl.
Inspiration for Parents
- Back to School Sign- What better way to send your kid back to school than with a personal back to school sign? Cherish these moments later in life by a customizing a board with all their interests for their first day of school using adhesive vinyl like Siser® EasyPSV® Chalkboard and this FREE cut file download . This is a must-have for parents who love to take that first day of school photo. You can now document even more precious information about your child’s interests, teacher, favorite color, and more. Don’t forget or miss these precious moments, they grow up so fast!
- Homework Station: Create the perfect homework spot for your kids to be super productive with a customized homework station. Have everything easily accessible that they may need for their homework adventures - with a cute twist. Keep them on task and organized with a specifically designed spot to finish their projects. This is a must-have to keep your child motivated to actually do their homework! You could use removable decal vinyl for wall graphics, educational charts, or inspirational quotes. Siser® EasyPSV® Removable is available in tons of colors so you can create the ideal atmosphere. For more inspiration check out these DIY homework stations.
- Mom Time: The kids are back to school, enough said. Craft whatever you want now that you have some time to yourself!
Inspiration for Students
- Locker Decorations: Impress your friends by having the best-decorated locker in school! You can personalize your locker door and shelves with vinyl stickers and decals. Decorate photo frames for your best friends or of your favorite pet, decorate your friend’s locker for their birthday, or add a chalkboard to help remind you of important assignments or tasks.
- Class Subject Organization: Label your notebooks, folders, and binders with your class subject to help keep you organized! Nothing is worse than bringing the wrong notebook or folder to the wrong class, so start the year off strong by being organized with your own unique style! For these notebooks, we used a combination of Opal Adhesive Vinyl , Foil Adhesive Permanent Vinyl, and Siser® EasyPSV® Permanent vinyl to really make them pop.
- Stand Out From the Crowd: School clothes shopping is always super exciting – I mean who doesn’t love a whole new wardrobe? While you’re out shopping, pick up some blank pieces that you can turn into a masterpiece. Or grab some here, of course. Use vinyl to spice up your back to school closet by adding school colors, team names and numbers, or just making something fun that no one else will have - like this dress!
Inspiration for Teachers
- Classroom Decor: Decorate your classroom with all things vinyl! Nothing says productivity and excitement than lots and lots of color. Decorate your chalkboard with task lists, schedules, and goals. Create eye-catching displays to get your students to interact and engage with the lessons. Decorate your bulletin boards to reflect the theme of the week. The possibilities are endless when it comes to decorating and vinyl just makes it that much easier (and fun) to do!
This super cute pennant banner was made with our 2 Step Foil heat transfer material. You can pick up blank banners cheap on Amazon, making them a perfect teacher project. Cheap & easy = A+
- Name Tags: Create custom nametags for each student’s desk. Gather a list of their favorite colors and use that color to make the nametag. You could also cut small vinyl stickers that are solid pieces (something that won’t need transfer tape and can be picked off of the backing easily) so that the kids can really feel like they helped make it their own!
- Holiday Decor: Decorate for the holidays! Pumpkins for Halloween, bunnies for spring, hearts for Valentines day, reindeer for Christmas, and the list goes on! Holiday decorations are a must to make your classroom festive and visually pleasing. Even though our bunnies were on glass, we used removable sticky vinyl (EasyPSV removable) so that after the holiday, we could easily remove it.
- Teacher Swag: Use heat transfer vinyl to make a tote bag with your name on it to carry around all of your supplies. Tumblers, mugs, and even can coolers that represent your school for sports events are a great way to use some of that extra vinyl in your overflowing craft drawers.
There are so many ways to personalize your home, classroom, and personal gear for back to school. Get creative and have fun! Adding a little personal touch to your day can be uplifting, inspiring, and fun each day. And, don’t forget to share your projects with us!